Feb Quail hunt? Kansan New to hunting in OK

KsHusker

I've got a few things on my simple hunting bucket list if you will and I've always wanted to hunt upland birds in various states.

Thinking I'd like to start hitting at least one or two states this year. As the KS season closes on 1-31 I figured it would be a perfect opportunity to maybe catch the last of OK's season.

I'm not asking for honey holes or anything like that. Had my eye on a large grassland way west as figured that would provide the most opportunity. Very many scalies there?

Has anyone had much luck out that way? Is private ground hard to get on especially in the farming/ranching/sandhills area in the Panhandle and a couple hours east near the KS border?

Any advice appreciated - if anyone would be willing to trade a hunt would love to discuss. I know a few places to get into prairie chickens if you have the stamina to walk, and dog power to keep up. Getting a shot late season is another thing but if they were easy to hunt they wouldnt be fun.

Feel free to pm, email etc. Thanks!!!! Looking forward to crossing one state off the list.

Does no one hunt quail in N Mid Central to Mid to NWestern OK?

:cheers:

Not asking for honey holes, simply my only lifelong hunting experience has been in KS and curious what to expect.

Does no one hunt quail in N Mid Central to Mid to NWestern OK?

:cheers:

Not asking for honey holes, simply my only lifelong hunting experience has been in KS and curious what to expect.

I'd share my 3 coveys with you here in NE Oklahoma, but I really don't think it'd be worth your time. LOL.

Hi KS-I'm a dollar short and a day late:D...I can't help you with OK. Not to change the subject but if you're willing to come to North Texas, I'd be willing to do a swap this coming season.

Back