favorite singer/band

Man its awesome having fast internet I can finally watch the links people put on here:thumbsup:
A little side note here. This my amaze some of you:eek: I would like to apologize to kansasbrittany for taking his post the wrong way:eek: I'm not for sure how long I can behave myself on here before I get booted:). And I would hate to go the rest of my life knowing I blew a gasket on someone because I miss read a post:)
Man that must have been some good music QH:D

Whiskey Myers is a great new voice (new to me anyway). I'm warming up to Stoney. Some of Kevin Fowler's stuff borders on that hip-hoppy, Nashville "country" IMO.

My wife and I saw Boland and the Turnpike Troubadors together in KC Friday night. Its easy to drink too many beers listening to those guys.....

Have you heard of Medicine Stone (music festival) in Oklahoma Chad? They'll have at least 4 of the bands you've listed in attendance.

The Texas/Oklahoma music scene is my new Nashville!! Way better music coming out of this part of the Country then in Nashville.

Jason is in Boulder the 14th I believe, not sure I want to go down there!:cheers:

Boland in Boulder:eek::confused: I would not have expected that.

I know Crazy! Jamey Johnson played there as well. I will try to see Blackberry Smoke here on the 31st. Southern Rock/ Country. More towards Lynard Skynard. But they write some good stuff and sound amazing. They put their own spin on the song In Constant Sorrow.

Don't you guys work. Always going to concerts:D Whats the worst band you seen? I would have to say GNR They sounded terrible live:( I remember A USO show when I was in Crete. Kind of a ZZ Top, Heart Sound Man could that gal sing:thumbsup:

Jason Boland, all 3 Hanks, Turnpike Troubadors!

Chevelle, Korn, Tool

Its either steel guitars and fiddles or a mean bass guitar and a fast beat for me. I suppose my taste in music is bi-polar.

Did you make it to KC for Boland and the Troubadours last Friday night? It was an amazing show.

It is certainly not my "whole" life, but Boland, Troubadours, Jason Isbell and Credence Clearwater Revival are some of my long-time favorites -- CCR being the longest. Also like me some Tom Petty.

But if you asked me right now who's #1 it'd be Jason Boland and the Stragglers, hands down.

Serious? His second live album was High in the Rockies -- plays all over Colorado.

Should check out Jason Eady. I really like his vocals.

Serious. I have all of his albums. I didn't expect he had enough fans in Boulder to support a show. There were about 100 ppl in Manhattan when I saw him there...figured his fan-base in the "Little Apple" was probably much larger than that of Boulder. I've heard him use a certain slang term in a live album that would probably get him uninvited back to a place like Boulder;):D

When you say "plays all over CO", do you mean they actually play it on the radio or just in bars and backyards?

Yep, just found Jason Eady a month or so ago and I liked it enough to download some to my ipod.

Last edited:
Did you make it to KC for Boland and the Troubadours last Friday night? It was an amazing show.

It is certainly not my "whole" life, but Boland, Troubadours, Jason Isbell and Credence Clearwater Revival are some of my long-time favorites -- CCR being the longest. Also like me some Tom Petty.

But if you asked me right now who's #1 it'd be Jason Boland and the Stragglers, hands down.

I did! You must have been there...were you in the VIP section by chance? I was in the middle, right behind the VIP fence, dancing like a wildman cuz that's what I do.

Yep, we listen to Boland more than anyone else right now. My 3yo asks for him by name and can sing the first verse of many of his song. I'll have the entire family in Emporia in November, but it is on the night of the youth upland opener, so I may back out when the time comes. Anyway, he's playing there for a 4-H fundraiser.

Side note: The family has 4 of their guitar picks, 2 from Jason and 2 from Roger Ray:cheers: I've never been thrown one, but my wife is...noticeable and they throw them to her like a parade float throwing candy to kids;)

Last edited:
Serious. I have all of his albums. I didn't expect he had enough fans in Boulder to support a show. There were about 100 ppl in Manhattan when I saw him there...figured his fan-base in the "Little Apple" was probably much larger than that of Boulder. I've heard him use a certain slang term in a live album that would probably get him uninvited back to a place like Boulder;):D

When you say "plays all over CO", do you mean they actually play it on the radio or just in bars and backyards?

Yep, just found Jason Eady a month or so ago and I liked it enough to download some to my ipod.

He plays Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Steamboat (which draws a variety cloud) and usually plays the Grizzly Rose in Denver twice a year. I don't know if they play him on the radio out there or not, but he draws an interesting crowd.

We were towards the back a little ways -- don't have to fight people to get to the beer lines. Looking around on Friday night, it was a pretty diverse crowd there as well.

I saw him in Manhattan several years ago -- was pretty disappointed in the turnout. By far, best place to watch him, is Knuckleheads, in my opinion.

Wow, it looks like folks here have as good a taste in music as they do in hunting! I love Floyd (Comfortably Numb), Zep, Tull, Beck, on and on...

Irish Traditional Music REALLY gets my blood pumpin'
Paddy Keenan on the Uilleann Pipes ROCKS!

Back