favorite hunting shirt

Most of time I wear a long sleeve work shirt purchased at a second hand store. One in particular gets all kinds of of positive notices. I recall buying it for around $6.

I know thisis a shirt topic but 15 miles!!! I get your probably chasing some ranging pointers but still. I run a lab and don't rarely go 5mi on a bad day. I can't even imagine being on such pheasantless grounds me and Benny had to go that far to find a couple. 😳
I don't think anybody ever walks more than 5 miles. 5 miles is a long ways!!

As for the shirt I wear one of two generally. In colder weather I have a thick wool button down shirt that i will wear a long sleeve cotton shirt. underneath. If really cold that is my intermediate layer under LL Bean cotton duck hunting jacket.

In warmer weather I will wear a Filson cotton button down shirt. Don't remember the style name but the material is tough but not cotton duck tough. I've worn each of those shirts for at least 20 years and maybe longer. Hard to remember.

I like to be able to "move freely" and feel lightweight. An orange under armour dry fit sweatshirt with a t-shirt underneath and a vest over top, when the temp is between about 25-55 (majority of hunts). If it's colder than that, then a moisture wicking base layer type shirt underneath the sweatshirt. If it's below 0, then add a lightweight windbreaker type jacket over the sweatshirt. If it's really warm, then a lightweight long sleeve dry fit shirt with a vest over.

Back