Favorite Habitat to Hunt

Maybe it's more of a micro-habit but rock piles in picked fields can be an absolute blast to hunt. They can be the only cover for a quarter mile sometimes so the birds bunch up on them. Despite large numbers of birds, they also hold incredibly tight and most often flush one at a time a couple seconds apart. My brother and I hit one 10ft wide rock pile in a picked bean field and six roosters came out, one at a time a couple seconds apart but alternating right, left, right left just like shooting trap. My gun jammed and I watch two perfect shots go by until he helped me out and got 4 out of the 6. Nothing like dropping a limit right at your feet into flat earth with no cover for them to disappear into- lucky gunner.

ND-love those videos and your Vs. My second V is 3 years old now and I'm picking up my third in about 2 weeks. Where did you get yours?

ND-love those videos and your Vs. My second V is 3 years old now and I'm picking up my third in about 2 weeks. Where did you get yours?
Willow we got from Champions Viszla out of Roscoe, SD. In fact, I saw on FB/Instagram that Willow's mom and dad had another litter and they must be about 6 weeks old now. I would go back in a second to Champions Viszla. We got Ellie from a local farm about two hours away. She was the first hunting dog that I owned. I got lucky with both since I know little about dog training.

Back