Fabarm SXS ?

Left and Right

As the title says anyone have one?

Looking at the Classis 12ga 30 inch barrels.

Thoughts on Fabarm in general also welcome.

Thanks

Fabarm

The only thing that is keeping me from ordering an A5 Sweet 16 from Kones Korner for $1475 with a $100 Browning rebate to boot, is the Fabarm L4S that I currently shoot. It is just over the top in quality for the price. I just don't need two autoloaders at my age just to pass down when it's lights out. I'd rather pass down an autoloader and an OU.Ha. I still just might do it tho. I got the itch for that A5. I had it ordered once.

Hi, I used to have a 12ga Classis SxS, which I gifted to my son. He uses it for duck hunting and also late season pheasants. It's a very well made and stout gun, 4 locking lugs, so it won't shoot loose. His has 28" bbls BTW. When I had the gun here's what I thought of it. The fit and finish were good, the gun is a bit heavy, it is thick in the wrist. It is no English game gun as far as handling is concerned, but not too bad overall. No problems or issues with the SST, the ejectors are strong, but timing is not the best, in fact his has issues with the right ejector always tripping when the gun is opened even if that bbl was not fired ( I found out this is a common problem). Be aware that there are no after market choke tubes available for this model, so try not and lose the ones you get with it. The tubes are rated for steel except for the IM and Full tubes. Bbl regulation is spot on and the choke tubes do reflect the correct choke constrictions.

Overall, not a bad gun. You could do worse. It's an excellent waterfowl gun, but for the uplands I found it to be a bit bulky. My son likes it and that's what counts for me.

Good luck!

Greg

Last edited:
Hi, I just remembered that years ago there was a Canadian outfit that was the distributor for Fabarm, they may carry choke tubes for the SxS guns. Don't know if they still do, but here's a link

www.theshootingedge.com

Best,

Greg

Could be wrong but I believe at one time the shooting edge was the sole importer or maybe was the only one that did warranty issues for Canada and the us. That is where the gun came from that perked my interest in them. No issues with the store at all but there more of a Rambo based outfit.

More questions, English stock for not shooting overhead driven birds and a single trigger with 30 inch barrels has me sort of worried about the gun being barrel heavy? Pistol grip stocks dont look traditional in a way but maybe its a better way to go?

I have more 12ga field lead ammo then there are pheasants in Alberta and also would like to use the gun for shooting steel at geese.

For half down to order in and no examples to look at in person and not much sxs experience I just dont know.

Hi, In my experience, with a ST, a pistol grip is more functional, you get better control with it. Your not moving your hand to fire the rear trigger as you would with a DT gun. The 30" will be a bit bbl heavy, but that's not all bad. You'll have more momentum and not tend to stop the bbls when you shoot. A plus with waterfowl shooting.

If your going to shoot geese, this one would be one way to go. Heavy enough to handle more stout steel loads and not whippy at all.

Best,

Greg

Back