F.a.i.r Iside

A couple of comments on the FAIR Iside. I bought a 28 ga base model with 28" barrels, double triggers and extractors a couple of months ago. So far I am happy with it. It weighs an honest 5lbs 1 oz on a very accurate scale, and takes some practice to shoot well, but I am getting there. It is all steel, but the receiver is very small and it is unique to the 28 ga and 410 bore only. If I were special ordering a gun I think I would go with 30" barrels, but the 28" barrels are still pretty good. I normally detest skip line checkering (such as found on Weatherby rifles, for example) and was looking at special ordering a gun to avoid it until I found a great deal on the slightly used gun I bought. However the checkering on the Iside is not that bad. It is very fine and the skipped areas are very small. Hard to describe, but it looks better than the pictures indicate. As others have reported the trigger pulls are very nice at perhaps 3 1/2 to 4 lbs. While advertised as having 2 3/4 chambers, mine has 3" chambers which might be a factor if you have to shoot steel, I suppose. It comes with an automatic safety, but it is very easy to deactivate. Only bad feature so far is that I have been unable to locate a source for additional 28 ga choke tubes other than custom made Briley tubes at $100 each.

Yes...that's what they say. Not sure that's possible. It takes a trim (all steel) 12 ga. double to tip the scales at less than 6.5lbs. If it is a 16 on a 12 ga. frame, then the chamber wall thickness has to actually increase to fit the 12 ga. frame. I owned a F.A.I.R. Rizzini in 16 that I bought from Bill Hanus when he was still alive. He made it very clear that his guns were on a true, 16 frame. It was a nice little gun...but eventually sold it as with many of my guns.

I'm just pretty sure that the entry level guns being peddled by F.A.I.R. Rizzini today are simply on two frames....20 and 12. For the 28 and 16 lovers ...they are stuck with whatever is slapped on these frames until you get up to the 'Jubilee' level or higher. And these are mostly special order...if I ordered one today I MIGHT have it by the time I retire.
The 28 gauge Iside (all grades) is on a 28 gauge frame.

Back