Epoxy Floor

PTM

Wondering who makes a good epoxy floor. I used the Rustoleum at my last place and had good luck but am looking for something a little more heavy duty. The garage is mainly for my boat so there won't be a lot of hot tire wear.

I would check out Valspar paints, I may be a bit biased as that's the paint we sell at our Do It Best hardware store. Also, another option is staining then using a concrete sealer, protection.

I've got contractor buddies that all they do is install epoxy floors in commercial and industrial settings (locker rooms, restaurant kitchens, airport bathrooms, grocery stores, etc, etc, etc,) . They travel the country and do it for some well known companies. They have all the tools, the know how, the employees at their disposal.

Their shop (welders, grinders, job boxes, some light forklift traffic) they just prettied up. Did they use epoxy? Nope, they stained and sealed it. I asked them why, and they said for the light use they use their shop, epoxy won't hold up in the long run.

Agreed Cheesy, My aunt and uncle have a Morton house and it's an all concrete flooring including the bike, boat, and aunt's car garage. Stained all the cement and sealed it. Heated and cooled flooring, and they have not had any issues with the stain or the sealer, where paint would've had issues with the heating over time.

Find a concrete supply place like Carter Waters. They will sell a concrete acid stain. Easy to apply, mop up excess with water. Seal with a clear sealer when dry. Usually about 60 bucks a gallon. Couple gallons will do most garage floors. Last forever many different colors. You could probably buy it over the internet.

I was going to do it in my kennel, but after research, just going to seal as well. Epoxy will fail if you use it for anything. If your just parking a car on it or a lawn mower your fine. The best applications require acid wash and a deep seal first or it will fail sooner. Especially if you have a hard power trowel finish. As far as product? I would go with commercial grade. Not cheap stuff.:thumbsup:

Back