End of October report

A5 Sweet 16

So far, my little part of the world is looking really good. Most of the crops are out where we've hunted. Ace & I have been finding good numbers of pheasants on public land & not working very hard to get 2 or 3. Warm weather has made it necessary to try to hunt near standing water as much as possible (which is hard to find), so Ace can cool off regularly. This weekend we hunted a total of 2.7 miles & walked an additional 1.2 miles back to the truck (full vest each time ;)), all on WPAs. Pretty easy hunting & we'll take 'em while we can get 'em, because they'll get much more difficult soon enough. I've been shooting BOSS bismuth #4s & although they haven't really been tested much yet with 40-50 yd shots, they really hit hard on the somewhat closer ones. Harder than Kent Bismuth 5s for sure. At least from MY gun. That pleases me very much. Pics from Saturday & Sunday.

20221030_163455.jpg

20221029_184205.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Brent. Those look like very mature birds. The end of the month found me with 15 hunts this fall. I have been able to put 30 roosters in my vest and 67 total roosters were bagged behind my two dogs. This is definitely ahead of the last two years totals. I am looking forward to the next couple months as the roosters continue to get smarter and the tail feathers get longer. The corn is coming off quickly and will concentrate birds more.

Back