Electric Heated Dog Beds

I haven't used that particular one but do have this one (which looks very similar)

http://www.k-9kondo.com/product_Heater-for-Dog-Den-2_25_0.html

And I have been very pleased with it. I have a shorthair that is a spoiled house dog. However, we work long days, during which he spends his time in an outdoor kennel (the K9 condo dog den II).

That said, labs have a lot more cold weather durability. That combined with the fact that they're in a garage, would lead me to believe that they're probably warmer than you think. That said, it certainly isn't going to hurt anything.

I use a heater in my doghouses, but instead of a lightbulb for heat, I use a ceramic infared bulb like for reptiles. They can be seen at Houndheater.com, they also have heated pads.

Hi friend,
I would like to suggest some points related to the electric heated dog beds.
If you already have an unheated pet bed, you can easily transform it into a heated one by using a pet bed warmer. Electrical warmers come in various sizes and are placed underneath the top cover of the bed. Microwaveable warmers are placed inside the bed and can warm it for up to 12 hours. If anyone has more comments here can share with us.

Thanks
Dog Bed

I have used the light bulb with a cage around it so they can't break it in the past. Now I built a well insolated dog box and half the time he sleeps with his head hanging out the door. I always wanted to try filling a dog bed with the foam from the hot seats you can buy for deer hunting. where they heat up when you sit on them. Bottom line if it get's below zero they sleep in the basement.

Back