Elastic shotshell loops

Beano

I have a Filson strap vest that I like, except that there are no elastic shotshell loops in the pockets or on the exterior of the vest. Does anyone know of a company that sells these that can be sewn into pockets or onto the exterior of a vest?

Thanks for your help.

Never cared for the elastic' Always use a quality leather belt. A leather bandoleer works better yet, but I'm a little different.

Imo you're better off looking at the type of fabric used and just buying the fabric and sewing it in.

Most shell loops on vests are simply wide elastic sewn at appropriate intervals. The elastic is available at most stores that carry fabric. Anyone who can pilot sewing machine should be able to sew them in or on your vest for you.

Also in the group of never use them, most decent coats/vests have large cargo pockets, I perfer these, big & deep and shells don't seem to jump-out. Replaced an old Cablea's brand coat when the pockets started to wear-through, my current LL Bean, a heavy waxed canvas, might out last me.

I throw them in a vest pocket. One only needs a few extra shell anyways, right ???
That's what I thought the other day, only a few extras. I only need 2 birds, 10 shells is more than enough. Well... in comes the "shooting slump." 4 missed shots on the 1st bird. 3 missed shots on the next bird. 3 shells left for 2 birds... 2 shots to finally hit the 3rd bird. 1 shell left but never saw another. I was starting to get nervous.

Back