Egg or Chick prices?

FCS, Good info thanks.
Good opportunity for those that want to give it a try. :cheers:
Mcfarlens has a good website to.
I'm ordering 100 most will be released late Winter 2013 in a good weedy cornfield, close by cattails and willow brush.

They are here! Got them same day and only drove 8 miles to pick them up. All 525 chicks were alive and well.:thumbsup: But I stepped on one.:D
Jeff the guy in Monticello said 30 cents each as well for sexed. It will be interesting to see how many end up as roosters.

DSCN0595.jpg

Last edited:
As I found out it is not all that easy. When gone for the weekend the power went out in the storm and I lost 300 chicks. Got some more coming in a week.:mad: Allways a gamble.

That sucks! I had that happen few years ago. And the weather has been so crappy cold.
A generator that would take over might be a plan?

I have a generator too but the wife was working and by the time she got home after work 300 dead in 9 hrs. It does not take long. One that would fire on its own would be spendy. But thats the chance you take when you raise birds. This was my biggest hit ever. 250 one other time. But when it works it's worth the headache. Too bad, those were the strongest chicks I have ever got in. Guess I should have had someone look in to them at mid day while I was gone.

All the rest have been doing great, flying well. Picked up 200 more and gave to the brotherin law a week ago. Better to not have all eggs in one basket as they say, LOL. I also scrounged up 120 eggs so we'll see if that pans out. Since the outage, there has been no deaths, great birds.

Back