ducks

Try Hunting up high, still a lot of birds in the mountain valleys (at least down here in the southern rocks) and I haven't seen 80degrees anywhere since august. as for woodies, I see about one of those every 3 years or so and this year my buddy took one, beautiful birds. You're blessed if you get a chance at them with regularity :)

Mostly what I will see are the Wood ducks this first season. When it gets cold things change. However, one January was real mild and they moved back up early on the last weekend and I saw about 70 that day and was surprised they were back so early. Not the greatest of decoying unless during a storm. They know where they want to go, but they fly by from 5 feet off the river to 30yds high. If the sun is up you can sure tell the pretty ones. I think the hens are just as pretty though!!! I will take some pic's when I go. River was up last time I went by ,which is not good for me. I am tall, but sometimes the water is over my head in spots and moving good!!:cheers:

Back