Dog Trailer

KCWIEM

Hello everyone.... I am in the process of designing a dog/hunting trailer..... I am looking for peoples "dream" list of things and gadgets that they would want on a trialer.... I will soon have some prelim drawings on here... Shoot me all your ideas please.... When I am done I will also have them for sale so help me design how you would like it..

For sure a water tank with pressurized water to clean stuff up. And a charging station for collars. Gun vault with shell compartments, with a wardrobe closet. Fans, Insulated, and a back bird crate carrier. Airing lights, and a spot light hookup to watch dogs going to the bathroom after dark.

maybe some sort of warming system on the floor of the trailer to heat from the bottm up and there definately needs to be a collar charging station

Great idea with the collar charging.... My idea is to have a water tank that will be heated to use for hand washing and dog watering be the back wall of the kennels.... By insullating the floor good it should keep the boxes at a decent temp... Also going to put a few different designs of bird cleaning stations on it also.... First designs should be up later this week....

Making the first design a 4 dog.... What is the price range that you would be willing to pay for a "loaded trailer"? This is an important question in the design.... It will be 100% aluminum...

What ever the design.......make sure it has good tires on it. I destroyed 2 dogs hunt when i was headed to Kansas from Georgia going down the interstate at about 75 mph and a tire blew completely out. Stopped and changed the tire and didn't think about the dogs, until the first place the dogs pointed and I shot.........only to have 2 dogs trying their best to run back to Georgia! Haven't got it out of one at all and the other is coming around slowly and that was 3 years ago.

For sure a water tank with pressurized water to clean stuff up. And a charging station for collars. Gun vault with shell compartments, with a wardrobe closet. Fans, Insulated, and a back bird crate carrier. Airing lights, and a spot light hookup to watch dogs going to the bathroom after dark.

There was a dog box that fit in the bed with about everything you listed. Cant remember who made it but it was very nice and about five grand. I personally wouldnt want my dogs in a trailer for the fact that I dont trust trailers and or other people on the road.

What about all of the dust from those gravel and dirt roads? Proper ventilation and a way to give them plenty of air without all of the dust would be the first thing I looked for.

I will second the dust concern. I used a trailer for the first time this year and had problems keeping fresh air to the dogs. The trailer had two fans but I still got more dust inside than I was comfortable with. I plan to install an air filter over the vents to stop some of the dust for next year's trip. Trailer should have fans to keep the dogs cool when the trailer is stopped.

Back