Dog Food WARNING

Dakotazeb

I received an email from a friend warning about NUTRO pet food. I don't feed it but if you do you should read the link below. Apparently NUTRO is being linked to deaths and illnesses in dogs and cats, internationally.

Mar's Company that makes NUTRO also makes Pedigree.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/04/nutro_foia.html

Last edited:
Thank you George, I appreciate the heads-up. I don't feed it, but one never knows what the wife will bring home next.---Bob

Maybe this is not factual. I got the following response on another site:

A reply from Dave Horton, President of Nutro Products Inc says in part;

"On April 20, consumer Affairs.com posted a story claiming that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has an ongoing investigation into NUTRO pet food. This is not true. We have confirmed with the officials from FDA's division responsible for regulating pet food, the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM), that there is no current or ongoing investigation of Nutro Products, Inc."

The ConsumerAffairs.com is not part of Consumer Reports. It is in fact a stand-alone website that has little control over what is entered. There is even some concern that this report, among others affecting other companies, could be the work of competitors etc. After asking around I was directed to the FDA website. The only talk about "recalls" was the 2007 recall based on the melanine scare.

Are they trying to say there could be some Corporate Espionage at work here. I didn't think there was that much money in dog food.---Bob

Not sure if it was Corporate Espionage, but I do think with the internet a lot of information that is believed to be true but is not. I feed Nutro and will continue to feed Nutro. I believe it is a good product and with anything if there is even rumer about something not correct they will go to the extreme to make sure quality is superior.
Bucky

Back