Dog’s first bird!

I agree, today I noticed none penetrated the breast plate. But I was going head shot.
I am setting up for loading bismuth at home, so I'll probably load 4s for ducks, 5s for pheasant and get modified+ choke for pheasant. I'm attempting to load for 450 Bushmaster as well, winter projects after Christmas between ice fishing.

I agree, today I noticed none penetrated the breast plate. But I was going head shot.
I am setting up for loading bismuth at home, so I'll probably load 4s for ducks, 5s for pheasant and get modified+ choke for pheasant. I'm attempting to load for 450 Bushmaster as well, winter projects after Christmas between ice fishing.
Ive been loading my own for a few years now. Ive been shooting 4s for ducks but am going to 5s next year. Its just a little overkill for how I hunt (sub 40yds), id rather have a little more pellet count so i can open up the choke a bit. Ive killed flipped mallards right over in the air stone dead with 4s at 50 yards on 3rd shot. Makes a great decoying goose load though!

Dutch got hers today!
So proud! She's a pound dog that didn't know how to sit 6 months ago. I hit one before this and it sailed and it was gone. This one sailed too but I woahed her, then when I was close I sent her in and she ran it down. I should probably use something other than #2 duck load. I have #5 hevi hammer but it just seems to stun them and I went #2. Glad she got it, her beard stuck out for the next 10 minutes lol.
View attachment 6840
Looks part GWP to me. only prettier :)

Back