Dodge City here I come

hunter 88

I recently posted A thread going north, but i just found out i will be able to make the trip to dodge city for opening weekend. This will be the 5th year in a row i've went. Last year was the best year so far, just wondering if anybody out there knows what i should expect this year. The guys i go with were wodering if the ice last winter hurt bird #'s any. THANKS.

I recently posted A thread going north, but i just found out i will be able to make the trip to dodge city for opening weekend. This will be the 5th year in a row i've went. Last year was the best year so far, just wondering if anybody out there knows what i should expect this year. The guys i go with were wodering if the ice last winter hurt bird #'s any. THANKS.

The probably didn't have as much of an impact as the drought. Congrats on being able to make another trip out this year, BUT I'm not holding out much hope for any part of the SW corner of the state this year. This will be the first year that I've missed the opener in SW KS in over a decade. My dad lives out there and he's told me all that I need to hear. I've decided to hunt a different part of the state for the opener.

I'm not saying that it won't be worth your time, but I don't think you'll be returning to the forum to tell us that this year is better than last year. Good luck this fall. Introduce someone new to our sport if you get the chance!

Back