DNR Public Forums

Fred74

I attended a DNR public forum in my county last night. I know they're having them statewide, they also had one in SE IA last night. I would like to encourage everyone that can attend to do so, this is our chance to let the DNR know issues are most important to us for the future of hunting, fishing and trapping. The meeting started of with introductions a and a slide show which took approximately 20-30 minutes, we broke into three groups with the final hour and a half being devoted to our concerns etc. Hopefully through these public hearings we can drive our point home.

Please share

Hello,

What did the slideshow present and your small group discussed? Any details you can provide would be helpful.:)

Hello,

What did the slideshow present and your small group discussed? Any details you can provide would be helpful.:)

KBell,

I didn't get much out of the slideshow, I sat in the back and it was kind of noisy, not to mention I was having a conversation with one of regional representatives from PF who I hadn't talked to in quite some time.

The slide show was pretty short, the main and most important part of the meeting were the three questions which were posed to the audience, which was around 75 people.

The three questions:

1. What is currently going well for hunting, fishing and trapping in Iowa ?

2. What are the roadblocks/threats to the future of hunting, fishing and trapping in Iowa ?

3. What do you think the DNR in partnership withhunting, fishing, trapping, recreational users and conservation groups should be doing to grow participation and conservation of natural resources ?

If you GOOGLE The Estherville Daily News, you should be able to read the article in our local newspaper, right now it's on the home page or in the local news section.

This is the first forum I've been to, I was told they have been doing for a few years now and are starting to branch out in the state with them.

I was also told by people who have attended these in the past, that the DNR are really starting to listen to the people through these forums.

Apparenty the DNR will take all the information from from these forums, collate all the information and work on the main talking points.:thumbsup:

A start

Hello Fred,

Thanks for the information. It is hopefully a start in the right direction. I will attend a central Iowa one when it comes up.:)

Back