DNR Information.

All the posts have been very helpful. I am curious what SD has or does not have on its DNR site or elsewhere in regard to public land. Here in MN, our DNR site has a very nice layout for public land. You can search by county, it pulls up a map of the land that shows the type of plot it is and then also has directions to find the plot. Does SD have anything like this for someone who has not hunted there before?

I saw that site. Maybe it's my 1st grade map reading skills, but I can't seem to figure out how to use that thing. It lists the plot name, then it says something like 5N, 2E, 3N or something like that. How the heck do you find it?

I saw that site. Maybe it's my 1st grade map reading skills, but I can't seem to figure out how to use that thing. It lists the plot name, then it says something like 5N, 2E, 3N or something like that. How the heck do you find it?

I don't use GPS. I like maps. If you get yourself a DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer for South Dakota, you can cross-reference the SD Hunting Atlas with the SD Gazetteer to locate the public areas you want to explore.

Maybe someone else has a better system but I find it relatively easy to locate any section, half or quarter by cross-referencing the Hunting Atlas and the Gazetteer.

Hope that helps!

Back