Deer Season - Good Luck and Be Careful

IA at heart

I am heading out to deer camp in a bit and thought I would wish everyone luck who is doing the same. And if not deer hunting these next few weeks, please be extra careful chasing roosters with all the deer hunters that will be in the field.

I don't even take the dog out opening weekend of deer season. Later in the week on private land or public maybe. It just makes me nervous not knowing who, where, or how careful some deer hunters may be.

The same

Best wishes to you as well IA at heart. I will be spending the next few days chasing bucks as well.

I have written on here before that I do not pheasant hunt during 1st shotgun deer season. Too many close calls in the past. For me and my dog!:(

Agreed... my pooches have always got the 1st season weekend off and will likely get 2nd season's weekend off too. To many shooters out there that just go into rapid fire mode when the deer get running. Good luck to those going and be safe!!
Besides... there's some pretty good college football on tomorrow and tomorrow night. ;)

Well, that's the first and last time I attempt to pheasant hunt with shotgun season going on. It sounded like a war zone.

Here in Michigan all hunting seasons except waterfowl are closed statewide for our rifle/gun season. Our season only runs 15 days, not a bad thing, once it closes most seasons reopen.

Back