Deer hunting

WI ditch chicken

So I work for my uncles who own a butcher shop here in Waupaca and our total deer count as of 6pm tonight is 593 for both gun and bow season. we had 429 deer come in for the gun season alone. I really can't wait for deer season to be over.:(

I just wish they'd make a longer season and get rid of all the gaps in the season. 9 day gun, 7 day muzzleloader, 3 day break,4 day doe hunt,then christmas eve a cwd holiday hunt starts for a couple weeks. It doesn't really effect my bird hunting but it's a pain in the arse always having to remember to wear orange for oddball seasons, that almost nobody hunts, especially during duck season when I combine duck hunting and pheasant hunting. I do like venison though so it's nice to have more than the 9 day that I can go take the 06 for a walk. Get rid of the traditional hunt and just run it for a month but the DNR can't do anything simple.

I'd think a guy making money cutting them up would be happy to have seasons open?

P.S. Nice Sig.

I just wish they'd make a longer season and get rid of all the gaps in the season. 9 day gun, 7 day muzzleloader, 3 day break,4 day doe hunt,then christmas eve a cwd holiday hunt starts for a couple weeks. It doesn't really effect my bird hunting but it's a pain in the arse always having to remember to wear orange for oddball seasons, that almost nobody hunts, especially during duck season when I combine duck hunting and pheasant hunting. I do like venison though so it's nice to have more than the 9 day that I can go take the 06 for a walk. Get rid of the traditional hunt and just run it for a month but the DNR can't do anything simple.

I'd think a guy making money cutting them up would be happy to have seasons open?

P.S. Nice Sig.

Sitting here in the middle of CWD land, pretty much. :) If you have followed the track of the awareness of, and reaction to, the discovery of CWD in Wisconsin, you will note that almost all of the initial hysterical reaction has been tourist bureau/politically motivated; DNR just got dragged into it.

As I recall, the extended hunts actually lowered the number of applicants for deer licensing in the State. I'm still amused by the concept of "eradication" zones--like that is possible. I can't remember the exact term, but "cluster something" comes to mind.

As for being happy cutting them up, have you ever been to a processing center for venison during the opening of season? Must feel like being in the middle of a mountain slope watching an avalanche approach.

:D

PS, If I can get my energy up, Mick and I should meet you somewhere and hunt the ferocious pheasants. He is a flusher, so maybe not good with your ?Brit and GWP?

not sure what youre saying..youre just sick of cutting deer or wish you didnt do it at all? Plenty of folks still out of work, careful what you wish for.

Back