Deer for Pheasant Hunt Swap?

Always looking for a new adventure. I don't hunt deer any longer, but have a small farm on the Fayette County/Clayton County border which is basically a runway. Would be interested in letting someone hunt it for access to like, private pheasant ground with high population. LMK!

Might be tough as a nonresident given you need to put into a lottery to draw a deer tag and then fork over about 500 bucks...

Iowa resident would definitely be worth it tho.

Might be tough as a nonresident given you need to put into a lottery to draw a deer tag and then fork over about 500 bucks...

Iowa resident would definitely be worth it tho.

No they could hunt shotgun season if the OP has an anysex tag and they buy a doe only non res shotgun tag (no lottery needed), as long as they are both hunting "together" the out of stater can shoot a buck and tag it with the OP license as well as a doe with his own license. Party hunting is allowed during shotgun seasons.

Dont know if there are any tags left for this year though.

No they could hunt shotgun season if the OP has an anysex tag and they buy a doe only non res shotgun tag (no lottery needed), as long as they are both hunting "together" the out of stater can shoot a buck and tag it with the OP license as well as a doe with his own license. Party hunting is allowed during shotgun seasons.

Dont know if there are any tags left for this year though.
Yeah I know a guy and his grandma lives in iowa. He would do what you're saying and use his grandma's tag on a buck every year. I never asked if granny was out in the field, but I doubt it. Seemed sketchy to me in that regard.

Seemed sketchy to me in that regard.
Different topic all together, but I think party hunting for big game (deer) needs to go away. People shooting deer for each other gets to be really shady. Shoot your own deer with your own tag. That would immediately increase the number of quality bucks around because guys would think twice about shooting the first spike or fork buck they see, knowing their season would be over if they did.

Yeah I know a guy and his grandma lives in iowa. He would do what you're saying and use his grandma's tag on a buck every year. I never asked if granny was out in the field, but I doubt it. Seemed sketchy to me in that regard.

Yep its a loophole a lot of guides use as well. Granny does need to be out there with a gun though

Different topic all together, but I think party hunting for big game (deer) needs to go away. People shooting deer for each other gets to be really shady. Shoot your own deer with your own tag. That would immediately increase the number of quality bucks around because guys would think twice about shooting the first spike or fork buck they see, knowing their season would be over if they did.

Never happen. Iowa loves the "traditional" ways and driving while partying hunting is here to stay. Thats whats also holding back our ability to use modern typical deer rifles (243, 270, 30-06).

Never happen. Iowa loves the "traditional" ways and driving while partying hunting is here to stay. Thats whats also holding back our ability to use modern typical deer rifles (243, 270, 30-06).
I get it. Its the same way here in MN. I still don't like it though.

Back