Danner Hood Winter Light Boots

Has anyone ever tried these boots. I see they list for $325.00. Are they worth the cost? Thanks

I am pleased with my Danners, although none are the Hood Winter Light model, but similar. FYI, I did an internet search and found them for sale on eBay and elsewhere for less than the Danners price.

Thanks Brit. I have been using the Danner Pronghorns for few years now, great boots, problem is they only last one year, and the stiching is torn loose. Danner had been giving me a new pair under warranty, but that has run out now. They are recommending that I try the Hood Winter lights, they claim they are a much more durable boot and they are rebuildable. I love my Danners and would like to try a pair, but would like some feedback before I spend that kind of money.

Two of my three pair of Danners are about shot. The 200 gram Thinsulate pair have a whole in the leather and neither it nor the uninsulated pair are waterproof anymore despite factory rebuilds. This coming season may be time to get a new pair.

I think I will just take the plunge, they are offering me a pretty good deal since I had so many troubles with my Pronghorns. Sure hope they fit and feel as well as my Pronghorns did.

Back