Dangerous does

birddude

More years than not a doe drops a fawn up close to the house. Old hat to the older dogs but the pup won’t leave this one alone. She’s about the most aggressive one I’ve seen. She’s faster than the pup and had almost got her a couple times. Got some good Videos but can’t load them. She does this at least 3 times a day. I run her off she comes back. Haven’t seen the fawn but I bet it’s close

Attachments

• 6F65DA6B-E917-4F97-BA7C-F0DABCB77065.jpeg
    6F65DA6B-E917-4F97-BA7C-F0DABCB77065.jpeg
    789.6 KB · Views: 12
  • F396F428-5C79-4D31-8610-866835A9CB3B.jpeg
    F396F428-5C79-4D31-8610-866835A9CB3B.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 12
What a fun situation to deal with every time you go outside!
Its not that fun when you see those hooves slashing out inches from your dog. A few years ago we were dog sitting for my daughter (mini poodle) and my mom (chewawa cross). I had an old blind, setter, a young shorthair and mature wire. I saw the doe 100 yards away on a hill feeding. Something set the dogs off. The doe heard the dogs barking and here she came. The poodle and the chewawa led the charge. Total Chaos of flashing hooves and teeth! I ran the deer off and as I was corralling the dogs toward the house the old setter must have heard the commotion and wandered over to see what was going on the doe charged from the woods and stomped at him, missing by inches. He didn't even know she was there.

No need to carry, just don't bother the rabbits!

Got a cow moose with a pair of newborns in my yard. Older dogs know enough to bark to alert and stay away, pup not so much. Fortunately she had an e-collar on and I could get her back fast. A cow with newborns can do some real damage fast. Looks like she has taken residence in the swamp at the bottom of my hill, gonna be a long summer.

Back