Cz sharptail reviews wanted

Diesel 74

I don't need, but want a 28 gauge sxs. Am considering a Sharptail. Anyone own one of these? Interested in your feedback about the gun, not the caliber.

Not the sharp tail but I own the bobwhite g2,I have shot and handled quit a few czs. My g2 patterns slightly off. My buddy's ultralight o/u is a great gun. I wouldn't hesitate on one for the money! But take a look at the new Huglu's. theres' a 28 on gunbroker now. I think Its a better looking gun with the prince of whales grip. Huglu was the first turk. gun I heard of. A feller named Dehan used to import them. I never heard anything terrible about any of the turk guns..

Not the sharp tail but I own the bobwhite g2,I have shot and handled quit a few czs. My g2 patterns slightly off. My buddy's ultralight o/u is a great gun. I wouldn't hesitate on one for the money! But take a look at the new Huglu's. theres' a 28 on gunbroker now. I think Its a better looking gun with the prince of whales grip. Huglu was the first turk. gun I heard of. A feller named Dehan used to import them. I never heard anything terrible about any of the turk guns..
Actualy several on there called CZ clones.

I wasn't sure what the cz clone/huglu was or how they compared? I prefer the case hardened receivers on the sharptail.

The Tri-star Bristol has had quite a few positives written about it casehardened , if you can live with a single trigger .

I am thinking about one of these for my Grandson .

The Tri-star Bristol has had quite a few positives written about it casehardened , if you can live with a single trigger .

I am thinking about one of these for my Grandson .
Yes, that case hardened bristol looks good. I'm not sure but I think It's real Case hardened. I don't Like the fake stuff!! It's pretty hard to shell out 2-3 grand for the Italian/spainish/english, when you can get a nice gun for 700.00. Those turks are nailing down a good part of the shotgun market. A decent Ithaca skb 100s are running 1500!! It's kinda of sad but then again, Its nice to see some guns that us poor hillbillies can afford!!

Actualy several on there called CZ clones.
I have been looking at reviews of the CZ clones and from what I have read they have issues and most have returned to buy something else. Also their highly figured stocks are veneered. Pretty much turned me off from them.

I have a 20 CZ Sharptail and like it a lot. It's my cold weather and quail gun.

Attachments

• 20220102_155651.jpg
    20220102_155651.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Not really, great gun for the price and a fun shooter. It did take me some practice and plenty of missed shots at first but now I can hit targets consistently.

I just purchased the Tristar Bristol Silver in 20 gauge. I am taking it on its maiden hunt on Monday. Workmanship appears to be very good. Cabelas has them in certain gun libraries at a very good price.

Had some trouble with a couple of Huglu CZ's I've own (had 4) overall they are nice guns. Had firing pins break on one of them and had a top lever that did not operate correctly on one other. Also had a couple of double discharges on one. Had one of the original Huglu that were imported by Mark Dehaan wonderful gun. I had ordered my replacement firing pins from him while he still was selling parts.

Thanks everyone for the information. I decided on a Bobwhite, just couldn't stand only having one trigger. Had to wait a few days for one to pop up on Gunbroker. Bought it last night. Most dealers I called said up to 6 months to get a 28 in.

Thanks everyone for the information. I decided on a Bobwhite, just couldn't stand only having one trigger. Had to wait a few days for one to pop up on Gunbroker. Bought it last night. Most dealers I called said up to 6 months to get a 28 in.
I guided a hunter in Michigan that had a bobwhite 20, it felt good in my hands and that night after a few cocktails in me I had place a bid on on and should had bid one last time as I got beat out by $5 and I think it would have been a good deal, but my wife had already put the stop to my gun buying as i had already bought 3 doubles up to that point.......

I guided a hunter in Michigan that had a bobwhite 20, it felt good in my hands and that night after a few cocktails in me I had place a bid on on and should had bid one last time as I got beat out by $5 and I think it would have been a good deal, but my wife had already put the stop to my gun buying as i had already bought 3 doubles up to that point.......
Boy, do I know that feeling.

The CZ Sharptail is the most current edition of our single trigger SxS in the lineup. It replaced the Ringneck that did have some issue with the firing pins and springs but both those issues were addressed with the Sharptail especially when it come to the trigger which was greatly improved. It is our only SxS in .16ga that we offer at the time. As a whole the Sharptail guns out sell my production capacities right now, but we are catching up faster than the ammo manufactures so I feel better!

Take a look at the Project Upland editions too they are pretty sweet.

PM me if I can be of assistance.

Kick!

Back