Cuga vest

LC Smith

I am looking at one for my lab and this upcoming upland season. I had a Scheel’s vest last year, that I thought fit well, but it wore patches in both upper arms. What is your experience with the Cuga?

I like how they make a narrow vest that fits my female Drahts great. I wish they made a vest to fit my Teckel (wirehair dachshund), I'd buy one in a heart beat. I typically dont run a vest upland hunting, I got it for blood tracking big game and figured the color would keep us safer. I have run it in cold rainy weather a couple of times. I like them a lot.

I like mine as well for my Small Munsterlander. It seems to fit her well. I'm planning on getting a 2nd one for my younger one as well. I got the first one for my older dog after she tore herself up on some barb wire on opening weekend 2 years ago so she could have some protection after she healed up but now I just have her wear it all the time.

The Velcro they use is really strong too. When I take it off her I damn near lift her off the ground trying to break the Velcro free.

I've got two of them and highly recommend them. They're tough and fit dogs really well. I use them on my pointers when it's extremely cold or to protect the underline on a bitch that has just weaned pups.

Their customer service is great as well. I made an size mistake and emailed them on Saturday afternoon and got a rely back that day. We exchanged a couple more emails on Sunday. Not many companies replying to emails over the weekend during hunting season!

Back