CRP Rumors for SD

UGUIDE

Fly on wall mentioned these tidbits from USDA official

"Look for a general CRP sign up next summer, another allowance of CP 37 acres, and a west river SAFE allowance. He did not indicate which crop history years they will use. "

Hopefully more than rumors. I would like to see the CP 37 & SAFE ASAP. A little dissapointed in the west river only with SAFE but maybe they figure James River CREP will fill the void in the east.

Hopeful

Fly on wall mentioned these tidbits from USDA official

"Look for a general CRP sign up next summer, another allowance of CP 37 acres, and a west river SAFE allowance. He did not indicate which crop history years they will use. "

Hopefully more than rumors. I would like to see the CP 37 & SAFE ASAP. A little dissapointed in the west river only with SAFE but maybe they figure James River CREP will fill the void in the east.

Hopeful

Yeah I was scratching my head on that one because even the CREP does not solve broad habitat issues for east river. I suppose the 37 AND Crep covers it pretty good except for far eastern portion of the state but that is best farm ground and probably not competitive for CRP anyways.

I just signed my 71 acre FWP contract for implementation next spring so that will help and I would do another 80 acres in CP37 if the cropping years can roll forward.

Newest rumors. Looks like CP-38 west river grouse program, 20,000 acres issued to selective counties only. Got my West River camp looking at adding 2 more quarters to his 1400 acres.

East River looks like Cp-37. 12,000 acres for SD and 12,000 for ND on old cropping years.

Might have another issue of CP-37 on new cropping years around May.

General signup around July and not sure on what cropping years but maybe some of each. Might allot it by acres to each set of cropping years which would be best of both worlds.

If CP-37 comes out May on new cropping years I got an 80 in wheat with 10 acre wetland that I could seed in the fall. Pretty exciting.

Newest rumors. Looks like CP-38 west river grouse program, 20,000 acres issued to selective counties only. Got my West River camp looking at adding 2 more quarters to his 1400 acres.

East River looks like Cp-37. 12,000 acres for SD and 12,000 for ND on old cropping years.

Might have another issue of CP-37 on new cropping years around May.

General signup around July and not sure on what cropping years but maybe some of each. Might allot it by acres to each set of cropping years which would be best of both worlds.

If CP-37 comes out May on new cropping years I got an 80 in wheat with 10 acre wetland that I could seed in the fall. Pretty exciting.

Uguide: Thanks for the insider information. With the General Sign-up the USDA will replace the acres expiring on Oct 1, 2010 to keep enrollment at 32 million acres after alloting so many acres for the contineous programs such as the CP37 and CP38.

Back