Cross dominance shooting

I just kinda squint my left eye when I mount my gun and that switches my brain over to my right eye about the time my cheek hits the stock. But I don't know how helpful that is to you...:eek: If you were already closing your left eye then I don't know...

Here's one thing I didn't read in the responses that might be helpful. A hunting buddy got no-line bifocals at the beginning of hunting season. He was a dead-eye before and all of a sudden he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Turned out it was the bifocals. Something about the transition between near and far in the glasses totally screwed him up.

He spent half the season missing birds, cussing, and wondering what he was doing wrong. Finally he went back to the optometrist to get his eyes checked and they told him to ditch the no-line bifocals for hunting. He did, and his shooting eye was back immediately. :thumbsup:

Economy here has never really recovered from 2009 crash. It has gotten better, but still lots of people looking for work. I am in sales and I am down 30% every year since then. It does not stop me however, from making 6 trips to SD every year. I did solve my cross dominance problem. My left rotator cuff got fixed which brought my shoulder back up and I am back shooting pretty good again. Even though I am cross dominant I believe my drooping left shoulder is what was causing my problem. PS. My daughter asked my 3 1/2 year old grandson what he likes best about his papa and his answer was "he shoots pheasants"!! I think I will have a new hunting partner soon.

Glad you got that fixed. I have had a problem from time to time but find if I do a continuous motion to move, mount & shoot the problem does not occur. If shooting clays or incoming waterfowl, doves etc., where the gun is mounted & riding the bird a ways the other eye takes over. I still blink down a little on some clays due to incoming quartering, dropping birds etc. Just feels normal now.

Back