Crop harvest reports?

Rain

The rain last evening and rain most of the early morning here has put a stop to the harvest. Guarantees standing corn for opener.:(

The rain last evening and rain most of the early morning here has put a stop to the harvest. Guarantees standing corn for opener.:(

I've been afraid of that and have been lobbying my group to push back our trip one week. We'll still shoot some birds and have a good time, but it's disheartening to enter a good patch of cover, to see birds flying out the other end into the neighbors standing corn. One thing for sure, it means my dog and I will get plenty of exercise! It's going to be warm, too! Will carry plenty of water for both of us.

Good luck out there! Be safe and enjoy your hunt.

2 inches of rain here, in n.c. iowa and 3 inches or more just north of us.. the river is up 3 feet this morning and the harvest has stopped !!! my area has a lot of standing corn, and the ground is very wet, I don't see harvest getting started again unitl the first of the week. but the pheasant report from the farmers and county workers is fantastic... good luck all !!!

Back