Crop harvest reports?

Ranger Rick

It's wet here in WI. More rain today. No frost yet, either and an extended growing season. I hear of flood warnings in Eastern IA and hope everyone is safe.

Are there any beans and corn coming off the fields yet? SD has been dry and they're harvesting beans now. What's it like in Iowa pheasant country?

Northeast Iowa is a swamp. Harvest just started, then 10+ inches of rain. Opener around here will be tough. Crops will still be standing I'm afraid.

Started beans yesterday. 95% of crops still in my area. Could be a very slow opener if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Wet,wet, wet in NW Iowa.

Harvest will be delayed and farmers aren't going to be in good moods, remember that. If you see someone stuck, drive on by. Not a good time to ask to hunt.

At least the pheasants won't be far out into the catails, mostly around the edges.

Wet,wet, wet in NW Iowa.

Harvest will be delayed and farmers aren't going to be in good moods, remember that. If you see someone stuck, drive on by. Not a good time to ask to hunt.

At least the pheasants won't be far out into the catails, mostly around the edges.

Seen an outfit combing beans a mile west of Superior on Friday night on our way to Woodys. Surprised me that they were able to go.

Up in NE Iowa (butler county) combined are rolling on grandpas farm and they are seeing birds.:thumbsup:

Talked to my uncle today and they are only combining the convential corn. The organic corn and the beans are not ready yet. There might be a lot of crops still in during opening weekend.

Madison county where abouts in butler county is grandpa from... I have lived in butler county all my life, and thats quite awhile !!
Crop removal is very slow. Beans arecoming out, i really havent seen much corn coming out. Story around here is alot of the flooded beans are not going to get harvested, "plenty of food for wildlife" this winter. Not sure what the guys are going to do with the corn that was flooded over the ears? But no way most of that will be out in 2 and 1/2 weeks, as most of it still has standing water. Still cant wait for opening day, have a good week.

Talked to some farmers in NC area and they have been seeing more birds then they have in the last couple years while combining. Still a lot of corn in the field. If the weather holds most of it should be out by opening day.

Given the last week of weather, and what's forecasted, I'd guess most crops to be out come Opener?

most of the areas around my stomping grounds are about out. I think its going to be another very warm opener:cheers:

Wondering

Traveled down I-35 today to Indianola. I saw Lots! of corn still standing. This week will need to really pick up if we expect to see the opener with most of the corn out.:p

I took my son out today for the youth weekend in the LeMars area and there is a ton of corn still in. Most of the farmers were still on soybeans to boot. While I have hopes that there are birds around we hunted for 3 hours / walked 6 ditches and didn't see a single pheasant.

Bummer

I have not driven NorthWest but have family that direction. We all know what one or two standing fields of corn can do to a section. My reasons here are moisture and elevator waiting lines, etc. Reasons can vary from location to location.

Back