Crispi boots fail

Labradinger

Bought a pair at Scheels this summer and today noticed the rubber toe of one boot has come completely detached from the leather. Ive warn these probably 18 times, just hunting. I checked their warranty and it’s not ideal-they wont even pay for shipping back to them. Sadly, even my China made Danners lasted longer. Add Crispi to the list of never again. For 355 bucks, one would expect a hell of a lot better.

I've read that some boot treatments will dissolve the glue so I have always used Kennetrek boot wax on my Lowa and Zamberlain boots and haven't had a problem. I would assume that any boot treatment Crispi sells would be fine. They probably buy it from the same company as Kennetrek but it is a common issue with boots with rubber rands.....not just Crispi.

What model of boots? I bought a pair of Shimeks last summer and have been enjoying them and basically only wore them this year other than a Prairie Chicken hunt in September.

What model of boots? I bought a pair of Shimeks last summer and have been enjoying them and basically only wore them this year other than a Prairie Chicken hunt in September.
I've worn my Crispi Colorado nearly every day for 3 years and no problems and still going strong.
Maybe the quality has gone down hill as I purchased them 3 years ago. . .

I’m unfortunate they don’t cover shipping . Maybe after you talk to customer service they’ll send you a return label

Man, this thread is depressing!

I may be in the market for a new pair of hunting boots before next season. While I never really considered Crispi because of the price, I can go ahead and cross them off. Maybe I should cross off Danners too.

My current set are Rocky Cornstalkers, I've had them for 6 years now but they are showing signs of wear now. I use mine for pheasant, deer, and turkey hunting so they need to be an all-purpose boot.

Anyone here use Irish Setters? I need something that has about 400 or 500 grams of insulation and that's also waterproof.

I would put Irish Setters in the same bracket as Danners. I had the Irish setters last year and barely better results. I do put in close to 70 days a year upland hunting but looking for better. I would gladly spend the money if I thought I could get three years.

I would put Irish Setters in the same bracket as Danners. I had the Irish setters last year and barely better results. I do put in close to 70 days a year upland hunting but looking for better. I would gladly spend the money if I thought I could get three years.

That is really surprising. Although 70 days a year (all walking) is a lot of wear and tear. That's way more miles than I tread in an average season, and half the hunting with my boots is basically sitting in a stand or a turkey blind. It usually takes me a whole season to break in a pair of new hunting boots. 5 full years with a pair of boots meets my satisfaction.

There may not be a boot on the planet that can handle the ground you cover chad lol

Which Irish Setter did you have? I'm looking at the Terrain 400 gram model. I also need to select one that a local retailer has. I refuse to buy something like boots online. I need to try them on and at least walk around in them for a little bit.

Man, this thread is depressing!

I may be in the market for a new pair of hunting boots before next season. While I never really considered Crispi because of the price, I can go ahead and cross them off. Maybe I should cross off Danners too.

My current set are Rocky Cornstalkers, I've had them for 6 years now but they are showing signs of wear now. I use mine for pheasant, deer, and turkey hunting so they need to be an all-purpose boot.

Anyone here use Irish Setters? I need something that has about 400 or 500 grams of insulation and that's also waterproof.
My irish setter Wingshooters lasted about 2.5 seasons. It was really disappointing because I loved them.

I'm currently wearing this boot:

Less than a season so far, but so far, so good. If these don't go 5+ seasons I may go down-market and just expect new boots every year and a half or so.

My go to are Irish Setters and I can wear through them in a year if I use them hiking on top of hunting. I think it's about 400-500 miles out of them. If you can get them on sale around $100-$130 it's not a bad price for the wear and for me they are the most comfortable. But it depends on model. For me that's the Vaptrek.

Back