Crescent lakes wma camping.

BrownDogsCan2

Any information is appreciated. Showers available? Water? food, Anything in Oshkosh. .....How about the roads and travel time into the refuge. Dog boots, porcupines, snakes? Sharptail numbers,,, Average? In the beginning stages of making a plan

Is this for the sandhills? I heard the hunting there was absolutely terrible there last year. Personally I have zero experience in NE. Someday hopefully🤞

Any information is appreciated. Showers available? Water? food, Anything in Oshkosh. .....How about the roads and travel time into the refuge. Dog boots, porcupines, snakes? Sharptail numbers,,, Average? In the beginning stages of making a plan
Did you go here last year? How was it?

Crescent Lake is extremely remote, I would not expect any amenities nearby. The Eastern side of it is designated wilderness. I would expect no phone service. I've only been there once on a scouting trip 2 years ago for Sharptail and I didn't find anything that motivated me to go back. I don't live very close by though and Halsey and Valentine are much closer. They have gotten some rain this year though so I would expect it to be the best hunting in the last 3-4 years though. Oshkosh is a pretty small town too so I wouldn't rely on having a motel available there.

Grew up close, you cannot camp on the refuge but just down the road at crescent lake. From what I remember there is a gravel lot and a pit toilet. No trees, showers, or water available. The fishing is great and hunting can be a blast. It is a huge place that is remote. Be ready to walk and bring a good dog. The grouse are spotty but available if you look in the right places and burn some serious miles

Back