Couple videos from this weekend

MAB7799

Have a couple of videos from this weekend's teal hunting expedition. I prefer to post then here instead of duck hunting forums because quite frankly those forums are TERRIBLE and full of such rude people. I love the crew here, great folks and I know some folks here do duck hunt as well. Hopefully the mods won't mind.

Took the air boat out Saturday to scout and ended up finding the mother load in a flooded bean field. Water was too shallow to get into it using a surface drive/mud motor boat so I had the whole place to myself.

Here’s a video from Saturday’s hunt. The first few clips are from the previous weekend when there weren’t many birds around. The rest are from a flooded bean field me and a buddy found on Saturday that had 2-3 thousand teal in it. Got most of the shots on film. Shot our limit in 30 minutes at 2:30 in the afternoon which is quite rare for teal hunting. The second video is the better video but I figured I’d share both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxzTR8Yv69I

Went back the next morning and shot another 2 man limit. 12 teal, 14 shots. I missed once and my buddy missed once. I did mess up the editing in this video as at the 1:45 mark I forgot that the entire clip was on slow motion. So just skip that clip as the rest of the video is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AuXC5onV2g

Looks like a great hunt. There can't more than a handful of airboats in the state. Clearly it made the difference on that hunt.

My son and a buddy went a couple of times around Wichita with limited success. I wanted to go, but I had conflicts.

Mark,

Always enjoy your videos. I'm trying to picture an airboat on the Kansas plains. Definitely qualifies as "something you don't see everyday":cheers: Thanks for sharing.

Mark,

Always enjoy the videos! Where was Olive? Not an air-boater? :)

Hey, curious as to how you like your flock-a-flickers?

Bought a 1/2 dozen and have been out once this year on teal, and haven't decided if they make a difference or not. Would love yours, or any other opinions.

I like them when hunting teal or early season but I don't feel they make much difference when the mallards get down. I suppose if you're hunting a field for mallards they would help as we tend to throw out as many mojos as possible when field hunting (it works!). They are nice to have but I don't feel they are a game changer.

Back