cost of pheasant license

there was a question asked in another post of why Iowa charges like a $140 or a little more to hunt? good question seems high , i agree. and the poster went on to say it is way more than other states? what do S. Dakota charge and what are the limitations? i know that N Dakota was around $100 a couple of years ago, and i think you could only hunt 14 days, i know duck was this way. also curious if any one knows along with S Dakota, how about non resident licenses in Minnesota, Illinois, Kansas. or any other state. thanks i really am interested in knowing, i m sure i can go on line somewhere and find it.

Dakotas are roughly 121 for 10 days (SD) and 121 for (ND). Nebrasaka is 97 i believe with a 25 habitat stamp and I think Kansas is just over 97.50. Kansas and nebraska are season long.

Iowa is high because in order to deer hunt you must also have the small game license. It is another way to increase non-resident deer tags without increasing the deer tag itself. Non-resident deer tags are in high demand.

With the nonresident fee increase, Iowa also instituted a short-term (5 day) nonresident license ($90 with habitat stamp).

When you think deeply about it, it was a stroke of genius. Someone likely did the math, determined that many nonresidents hunt only a weekend or so, would pay the $90 and be unaffected by the fee increase. On the other hand, deer hunters and dedicated nonresident pheasant hunters may complain but will pay the increased fee.

They have instituted a fee increase which will increase revenue with minimal loss of nonresident hunters.

While I did not like the increased fee, I did pay it.

Back