Corn Status

I was gonna warn him when I first saw it...not sure why the devil came out in me and I left him high & dry!:rolleyes:

Engpointerman, I see the updates you have given us, and do thank you for it. Would never expect details on any spot, but your general reports are very helpful to us hours away from Pheasant Country.

I deeply apologize for wasting everyone's time by adding an unneeded thread. I am new to this forum thing, and was not aware of the etiquette involved. I promise it will never happen again.

My farmer friend called yesterday and said they started in on the corn. Last year It took them a little over a week to get theirs all out.We'll see what happens. Anything to add EPM ?

Posted on the other thread. But moral of the story Corn in the sand ground which is south. They are pickin pretty heavy. North of town on the hard ground there is some going on but still alot of acres to go. Most everyone I have visited with this week They are havin trouble finding dry enough corn. Other problem is many of the beet farmers are still diggin so until they get those finished up they wont be focused on corn cuz of help issues.

J I accept your apology. Problem with me is you may have just found this site but I hate the one weekend a year warrior that wants to know where the birds are at. If thats not you dont worry about it.

Oh .................wait..........Yuma county.Hows things at the Main event. Guess Ill find out next weekend:thumbsup:

so hows it lookin EPM. I know it is what it is but I cant help myself. Too excited, Be at the main event fri. nite and Ill buy you a beer.

They are pickin corn pretty heavy now. Sugar beet guys most should finish those by Friday. Still alot of corn to be picked but sure looks much better than a week ago. If the weather is farmable on Sat. and Sunday. Everyone Please be careful. These county roads look similar to highways right now with all the truck traffic. Be sure and double check intersections twice. Had a boy get T-boned on Tuesday at one. Still in induced acoma in Denver. The beer thing I will meet ya on County road somewhere and Have one. To many cops in town anymore to drink and drive.

Haven't been out your way in awhile EP but if we see you we'll have a cold one for you as well.... Hope you field work is coming along!

I hunted yesterday 11/21 north of Holyoke. This was the same are I had hunted opener. I was glad to see the numbers of hunters were down, but was surprised to find that not a single field of corn has been harvested within the past week! The majority of the corn is still standing! I hope for a warm dry week, and think the best hunting of the year is still ahead of us!

I have found the best way to find out about percentage of standing crop is to call the local grain elevators. Keep it friendly and they do not seem to mind the call asking what percentage of the crops are down. I know a few of the guys at the elevators on a first name basis now.

Josh Ragan
www.thunderbuttekennels.com

Well I guess it all depends where you hunt. Some areas are opened up pretty good and others not as much. Their has been quite a bit of progress made though. You wont see too many farmers gettin after it on Saturday though around Yuma. The Yuma and Akron Football teams are playing each other in the State Championship game. I would like the combines to get going around my house I am totally surrounded by standing corn.

Over half of the corn was down where I hunted north of Holyoke but there is still a bunch still standing kinda hit or miss...... No birds for me but I am terrible lol. I still had a blast with my wife and my dogs.

Back