Cool season grasses/wild flower mix

GSP

I won't likely get to it this year, but can someone point me in the right direction for a cool season grass mix (I'm thinking big/little blue, etc) with some wild flowers in it? The only thing I see listed on the PF web site is a sorghum mix.

I might as well start learning about how to go about planting it now. I'm hoping that I can get a spot hit this Fall with gly and be ready to go for a Spring planting next year. I thought I knew what I was doing with switch grass, and learned that I hardly know anything. :cheers:

GSP, those are warm-season grasses, and I think that is what you really meant anyway. That is where the NWSG acronym came from. Either way, the best way to find a mix that is adapted to your locale is to check with your wildlife department, your extension agent, or your NRCS county office. When you buy seed, make sure it is locally adapted, not grown more than 200 miles away. The grass drill is once again the choice to plant it. A cane or milo cover crop will help bring the new seedlings along. The same firm seedbed is needed as was with the switch. Little bluestem is the clump grass that is most selected by gamebirds for nest sites.

Back