Columbia Brush Pants - Review

BritChaser

Just got these super lightweight brush pants that appear to be very well made as is the case with all the Columbia clothing I have had. They're on line at www.midwayusa.com for $55.00 and free shipping. On Midway USA's site they are described as ptarmigan upland brush pants, come in light tan or green, and are 100% cotton with denier nylon facings well up the thigh and all the way around the cuff. They feature two deep front pockets and a smaller pocket high and inside the right front pocket, handy for carrying a folding knife or multi-tool. The single rear pocket is large with a flap over the opening that is sewn to the pants at the sides to secure the contents. What is most impressive is the super light weight, something I have sought for years for warm days in early season on the high plains, the western high desert, and the southwest. Another plus was the accuracy of the size which seems to be often lacking in foreign-made clothing.

Last edited:
Thanks! Your post got me looking. I kinda needed a new pair of pants before this season.

Looked at all the usual suspects, Columbia, LL Bean, Cabelas, Bass Pro. Then on a whim I checked out EBay.

Scored a pair of new Orvis Red Hills Briar Pants for $55, free shipping. It's their warm weather pant.

I may grab one of the Columbia's off Midway too.

Point of the post is I was really surprised how much good hunting clothing there was on Ebay, much of it new with tags still on.

Scored a pair of new Orvis Red Hills Briar Pants for $55, free shipping. It's their warm weather pant.

That's a good deal. Just checked eBay where they are $129. Hope you like them.

I wore my Columbia's in Nevada just a week and a half ago. They were great. It got warm and I stayed cooler than with any other brush pants I've had. Easy to move in too.

Last edited:
Back