Colorado Opener

I haven't been out there to hunt yet, but was out earlier this year on a habitat tour! It's amazing what moisture will do for habitat. In addition, our Pheasants Forever biologists are doing amazing things with habitat. Wait a few years and I feel we will be reaping the rewards of their hard work!

I got to get a hold of those guys, thanks for the heads up Chadsbritt. Curious on what they are doing out there. Kind of cool to have an organization looking out for us hunters as well as the habitat.

I haven't been out there to hunt yet, but was out earlier this year on a habitat tour! It's amazing what moisture will do for habitat. In addition, our Pheasants Forever biologists are doing amazing things with habitat. Wait a few years and I feel we will be reaping the rewards of their hard work!

what he said :thumbsup: it will take a year or two. One other thing, try not to trample down the good cover. The hens need it to survive the worst storms this winter. Hope you all get a roster or two.

I got to get a hold of those guys, thanks for the heads up Chadsbritt. Curious on what they are doing out there. Kind of cool to have an organization looking out for us hunters as well as the habitat.

You should drop in a local meeting to see what's going on. The biologists out east are doing great things; working with landowners on improving their ground, educating them on the latest and greatest, informing them of programs they may not be aware of, etc. I really think that a few more years of hard work is going to pay dividends for all of us rooster chasing fools!

That's not a bad idea. I'm going to have to make the trip out there anyway in order to pick up that Browning Citori I'm gonna win in that fundraiser of theirs :)

Go to Yuma and you will see. Cover so thick you cant walk through it.

go back a month from now and see what's left. I don't know how the birds survived last winter. there was nothing but farmers wind breaks left and they had hardly any tumble weeds under them.

go back a month from now and see what's left. I don't know how the birds survived last winter. there was nothing but farmers wind breaks left and they had hardly any tumble weeds under them.

I know what you mean about last season brittboy, I only hunted Colorado two days for pheasants last year partially because I felt sympathetic for them. They didn't have much cover to escape into. This year cover is much better and more widely distributed compared to last year. I walked some CRP the other day where the Big Blue Stem clumps were over 6' tall!! There's a lot of cover for a rebounding bird population to be hiding in this year.

Back