Colorado Hunter from North Dakota, new to the site.

jwentzer

Born and raised in pheasant country (western ND) and moved to CO about three years ago. Just recently found this site and really enjoy it so far. I'm always interested in meeting new outdoorsman in CO, especially ones that enjoy dog work and upland hunting like I do.

I just wish there were more pheasants/quail/huns/grouse in CO. Besides family, that is the one thing I miss most about ND. The cackle of a rooster is a sound that gives me goosebumps!

Welcome to UPH. When the Pheas and Quail are down, you can hunt up some Blue Grouse starting Sept 1st. in the hills. Maybe some Sharptails and Ptarmigan. Plenty of web footed birds as well. Just will not be like N.D. for Pheasants for sure.:cheers:

Welcome to the forum! There are birds all around you there in Colorado. We do need an upturn in numbers, but plenty of diversity there. It isn't bad to have the trout to fill in the summer months either.

Welcome to the forum! Like everyone knows, Colorado is not like ND when it comes to pheasants but there are nine different species of upland birds in Colorado that you can hunt and plenty of beautiful public land to chase birds and watch a bird dog do it's thing. Did I mention all the elk, moose, mule deer, whitetail, rio grande turkey, merriams turkey, big horn sheep, bear, mountain lion, pronghorn, mountain goats and thousands of miles of creeks and rivers to fish? Have fun living out here!:cheers:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes, I know CO isn't comparable to ND for upland game. I've enjoyed the outdoors a lot since I've been here. Archery Antelope, rifle deer and elk, this year I will be doing archery Elk in the rut. Oh, did I mention professional sports...Rockies, Avalanche and Broncos. Yeah, good 'ol ND doesn't have any of those!

Now, just to get a few pointers on where to chase some blue grouse from the locals. Best I've found, it's like pulling teeth, but it's understood. I don't necessary tell many about the "hotspots" for pheasants back in ND when they ask either.

Maybe I need to swap a ND pheasant hunt or two for some grouse/bird hunting in the mountains here in CO.

Irregardless, I'll be giving it my best shot. My new pointer will show up this Thursday and we will give it all we got.

Back