Clay County WIHA

vonny571

How are the WIHAs in north west and west central Clay County? I'm looking at some areas within an hour's drive of Junction City to make a day trip to and there seems to be a lot of access in that area. What other areas should I be considering? I'd really like to keep the driving distance in that 1 hour range if possible.

Some of them have cover that is better suited for quail hunting and some have good pheasant cover. I hit one patch that was a 1/2 section of CRP in the month of January. I found 1 lone rooster hunting by myself, but saw the tracks of several more. I saw some places with nice hedgerows, but didn't try them because of the mud.

Clay/Cloud County

We are located just west of Clay County, Have an abundance of Pheasant and I released over 200 Quail earlier this year. Check us out at www.ironcloudranch.com

I drive to Fort Riley every day,
Also Alot of Good WIHA around the ranch.
Gregg

I've had the same experience as kansasbrittany, me and my old shorthair found a few roosters in pretty decent sized CRP late last December. Then in late January I took out 4 other guys and we got about 6 birds out of that same section and coulda had more but they flushed out of range when all hell broke loose!

Is there another area within an hour/hour and half of J.C. that would be better that I should focus on?

Back