Citori OU 20 Question

el_jefe_83

I was at a local gun shop today picking up my new Montefeltro and happend upon a consignment Item.

It was a Citori 20 OU. The guy said the owner shot clays with it. It looked like the gun could use a solid cleaning and there was build up on the porting of the barrel and some beauty marks on the stock. The action was a little sticky.

The price was 750 bucks with two chokes installed.

No Idea how many rounds have been through it but looks like a lot.

Does this just need a good cleaning? Considering the gun at this price point but would like some input. Anything I should look for on a used OU?

Thanks

Check "Guns America." I didn't see any of their 20 ga Citori guns at $750.

Cleaning the gun should be relatively simple. Might be wise to fire the gun and check the action before you are stuck with the gun. Also, you could check the fit to determine if any adjustments need to be made.

Have you checked the serial number to see when the gun was mfg.? Might give you an idea how hard and how long its been used...

A gun dealer here in Minneapolis will warrant their guns for 90 days - full refund for any reason...

Good luck.

Check "Guns America." I didn't see any of their 20 ga Citori guns at $750.

Cleaning the gun should be relatively simple. Might be wise to fire the gun and check the action before you are stuck with the gun. Also, you could check the fit to determine if any adjustments need to be made.

Have you checked the serial number to see when the gun was mfg.? Might give you an idea how hard and how long its been used...

A gun dealer here in Minneapolis will warrant their guns for 90 days - full refund for any reason...

Good luck.

Thanks I'll look into it a little more. I dont think this shop will warranty a consignment.

Does the cocking lever sit to right of center when closed? If it goes passed the center and actually points left then this gun has seen many rounds. Citoris are solid guns as a rule.

Back