Cimarron Quail

I would be interested to hear any reports. Anyone hunt the South West this year for quail?

I ran into some guys around pratt that limited two days in a row on quail around there on WMA's. Gonna hit that myself around Christmas!

I ran into some guys around pratt that limited two days in a row on quail around there on WMA's. Gonna hit that myself around Christmas!

Because most will find a covey and blow the whole thing to bits until they get their limit. Not telling people how to hunt but that frustrates me.

Because most will find a covey and blow the whole thing to bits until they get their limit. Not telling people how to hunt but that frustrates me.

Yeah they claimed to have pushed 7 coveys so maybe they went about it the right way but ya never know!

Just got back from Rolla/Hugoton area last night. We were primarly after phez but got up 4 or 5 coveys of bobs in the process. Found some of them on the southern edge of the Grasslands south of Rolla.

Local friend who lives and hunts there seems to think quail in the area are up a little bit in numbers but nothing spectacular.

Pheasant were in good numbers but you sure gotta work for them. Dry, Dry, Dry and the birds were flushing pretty wild. Had hard winds on Sunday and Monday and that helped to hold them a little.

BobM

Have some family who got into some quail around Cimarron Monday after opening weekend.

Back