Christmas morning report

Kevin W

Merry Christmas everyone!!! This morning Kepa and I decided to venture out before heading over to my parents house for Christmas. We didn't venture too far from home, we found alot of the ditches blown pretty much shut and most (but not all) of the birds bunched up. We started out at a public piece and shared that spot with another group, they got some shooting but Kepa and I did not. We road hunted the rest of the morning and saw quite a few birds. The cold certainly had them out getting corn and we were able to get a few to run or fly back into the cover that was left in the ditch. We had about 10 of these chances and three of them worked out really well / or should have worked out really well if I could hit anything. I ended up with one rooster for the morning and missed 4 others, should have, would have, could have easily had a limit early on but my sporadic shooting continues. So it's one bird in the bag again for me today. Tomorrow I am making the drive up north to the large tracts of public with lots of cattails. Can't wait to see how that unfolds!!!!Back to my usual ways.jpg

Awesome! I’m headed over from WI Sunday morning. Starting SE and working my way west for a few days depending on how the hunting goes.
Jake

Back