Chicken fried.

chad.vis

Just tried chicken fried pheasant breast Thurs and am shocked at how well its turned out. Nothing fancy, just some vegetable oil in a frying pan and some flour seasoned with whatever I pull out of the cabinet. Im on my third batch and I added cayenne, paprika, onion powder and garlic salt to the flour. Dash some tapatio hot sauce on top and delicious. I threw the thighs in the crock pot and will bone out when tender to make enchiladas.

Just tried chicken fried pheasant breast Thurs and am shocked at how well its turned out. Nothing fancy, just some vegetable oil in a frying pan and some flour seasoned with whatever I pull out of the cabinet. Im on my third batch and I added cayenne, paprika, onion powder and garlic salt to the flour. Dash some tapatio hot sauce on top and delicious. I threw the thighs in the crock pot and will bone out when tender to make enchiladas.

My wife has done this, but she pounded them out to about a 1/2 then breaded and fried. They were very good.

I cut them in strips and make pheasant fingers
Another tip I learned was to brine them 24 hours then butter milk soak 6-8 hours
season the flour then egg wash then panko
add some baking powered to your flour
or double dip in seasoned seasoned flour first egg wash then plain flour
fry in lard or beef tallow 350degrees plus

My first wife made pheasant nuggets for our kids. She cut the breast into 1/2” pieces, soaked them in milk and egg, breaded them with cracker crumbs and fried them up. The kids would gorge themselves until there were no more left.

Back