Chamberlain area

I was able to find a public spot holding a bunch of pheasants today. Managed to scratch out 2. Going back for more tomorrow!

I was able to find a public spot holding a bunch of pheasants today. Managed to scratch out 2. Going back for more tomorrow!

Atta Boy!

Atta Boy!

Now you're talking Wild. It two of us first time South Dakota hunters and two pointers a couple of days to figure those ornery old birds out. We hunted hard the last three days of Oct. And after a day of walking through waste high grass on some WIA'S and Crep land, we finally put a few birds in the air..Like mentioned earlier, they flew a lot different than the 20 we paid for on a preserve we hunted on the way over.
After spending a few minutes with a farmer over a cup of coffee, we found out we were hunting property that had been hunted pretty darn hard since opening day. Finally late the (the golden hour) on the third day and on a WIA reccomended by a fine SD family , less than a mile from where we were concentrating, we put five birds in the bag, and the young dog was finally happy again. :thumbsup:

It was hard but, quite worth the work. I also am one who long for the day to return to the beautiful land and enjoy a cup of coffee with a friendly local resident. :)

Hunted 6 days. Never bothered with walkin areas. Just turn your dog loose on a gravel road and work ditches. We harvested 102 beautiful cock pheasants. Get you a German shorthair, Benelli Montefeltro, Prairie Storm shells and have some fun.

Back