Chaffing between toes on GSP

Mugs

Thought I’d throw out a question for a problem with my dog. I have a bigger GSP (65-70 lbs hunting weight) that seems to chaff between his toes after hunting. He ends up with abrasions on the inside of some of his knuckles. Wondering if it’s because he’s a larger dog that runs and cuts hard? Short of boots, is there anything I can do to help prevent this? I use Mushers on his pads, would this work if I put some between his toes?

Thanks!

Thought I’d throw out a question for a problem with my dog. I have a bigger GSP (65-70 lbs hunting weight) that seems to chaff between his toes after hunting. He ends up with abrasions on the inside of some of his knuckles. Wondering if it’s because he’s a larger dog that runs and cuts hard? Short of boots, is there anything I can do to help prevent this? I use Mushers on his pads, would this work if I put some between his toes?

Thanks!
I hunt all day long for two days straight that will put the rub on feet face and under carriage crp and cattails are very abrasive the dogs lick too sooth and heal up for the next go around

size has nothing to do with it. Sounds like he's pretty "flat" footed-my 70 # female looks like she is wearing high heels, her feet are tight and dont spread at all. I dont even have to boot this dog most times we are in sand spur country. My brother's 45 # female is very flat footed-she has a ton of stamina and endurance but her feet are a hot mess in a hurry if he doesnt rub them with mushers throughout the day. When he runs her in short milo or wheat stubble he boots her too.

30 yrs ago, an old quail hunter told me "a dog is only as good as his feet". Try the mushers...

Back