Cawker City

OhioTodd

I'm curious how the pheasant hunting has been around Cawker City. Haven't been out in a few years and might be able to make it out before the end of the season. Are the bird numbers up or down this year? Thanks.

J, thanks for the response. Have you hunted any private ground in the area or has it been public? thanks.

Hunt Glen Elder on the south end. Head NW and you will find milo and heavy grass in and around the feed plots. If it is windy, walk into the wind and you stand a good chance of catching some roosters unaware of your arrival. This time of year you will see many birds, but they will most all be far flushers unless you are using all of the terrain and wx conditions to your advantage. There is a reason the roosters are still alive this late in the season. Good luck.

I hunt public land. I don't know how long you'll be there but if it's just one day I would suggest the South and Southwest side of the lake. Hunt the heavy stuff (crp close to grain) and you'll see birds.

Glen Elder

This time of year -- late season -- you'll find birds on the inlet bottoms in the heavy, wild cover. It's rough but that's where they end up after getting pushed around the food plots.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Hoping to hunt for 5 days beginning on the 25th. We will be hunting a combination of private and public ground. The group we are going with hunted mostly private ground around the area and had a great trip last year. They even hooked up with a number of quail. I'm hoping for a few inches of snow. How has the weather been out there?

?

Ohiotodd how did you end up doing that weekend you went to cawker city?
I hunted north of there this year with not great success but found a good amount of birds just had to walk a lot of find them. Tell me how you did its good to here from others who hunt the same areas. thanks

Back