Cawker City/ Glen Elder /Downs area EATS ?

Brad6260

I've been going to the Cawker City/Downs area for several years and one of the only issues we've ever had was where to get a good breakfast and dinner meal ?

Other than Hindquarters in Cawker City, Headquarters over in Tipton, the BBQ place in Glen Elder and the little diner by the tracks in Downs who's name escapes me does anyone have any spots to recommend for some solid food within a half hour of Cawker City ?

Thanks,
Brad

There's a couple of places in Beloit for dinner, I'm not sure about breakfast. I have found housing to be more of a problem (any suggetions)?

well we hunt around mankato which is about 45 minutes away from you Brad. But they have a few pretty good places to eat there, for breakfast they have the Red Rooster and they open at around 5:30 for the farmers and hunters. Then for dinner they have an awesome steak house called "Buffalo Roam" they have a buffet every night or the menu, both are on the main drag in town, Rooster is on the west side of town and Buffalo Roam is on the east side.
JayhawkJ, as for lodging there are a few hunter friendly hotels in Beloit arent there? My dad and his friends have been stayin with an older widowed lady for the past 15 years and i know that she accepts a few other parties throughout the year, its in Mankato though which is a ways if you were wanting to hunt Beloit.

The Lakeside Lodge in Cawker has always worked out well.
Nothin fancy but good for tired hunters at the end of a day.

Not too far away is Trappers in Simpson. Good steaks. Always been good when we've gone there.

We make it part of our annual trek to the Celebrities & Heroes Hunt we do with KDWP at Glen Elder (scheduled for 12/19 this year). Stop there on the way up on Friday evening. Kids get a kick out of it. We always order up an order of calf fries for an apetizer...they always get a few bites down before we tell 'em what they're really eating!

Mike C.

Back