Cautious Optimism

Yesterday I bought a 26" barreled Benelli Ethos 20 gauge from Cabelas for the listed price which was about $250 less than MSRP. Today I went on Cabelas Website and saw it offered a 10% discount on all purchases over $50. Those sales are routine. However, it was the first time that I saw that the sale included firearms. I called Cabelas. A rep told me that I would be given a 10% credit on the purchase of my gun. After we got that squared away. I told her I wanted to buy the same gun in 12 gauge with a 26" barrel. She told me that Cabelas was out of stock, and it did not take backorders. We talked for a few minutes while she searched for one. After about 10 minutes, she told me that she couldn't find one in inventory. I was prepared to take that as her final offer.

Before we concluded our call, she told me she would try to process an order for that gun at the discounted price. I stayed on the line with her for about another 15 minutes while she attempted to circumvent Cabelas' order placement program. I gave her all requested information. About 5 minutes later, she told me that my order and payment were accepted. She cautioned me to temper my enthusiasm. She told me that if I didn't receive a confirmation email within 24 hours it would probably mean that my order was rejected.

About 15 minutes ago I logged onto my Cabelas account and checked my order status. It listed this gun: https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/ben...h-nickel-engraved-receiver?searchTerm=2135202 as an order in process at the discounted price. The order status indicated that Bass Pro was the source of the gun. My enthusiasm increased, but I'm still waiting for a confirmation email.

I should know by tomorrow morning whether I can get excited.

If you're in the market for a new gun, Cabelas 10% off on firearms will remain in effect until 10:00 pm this evening.

Back