Cattle Drive

BritChaser

Was roaming Graham County looking for a spot that might hold a rare bird. Turned south a few miles north of the highway and kept rolling along with one eye on the walk-in atlas. Then saw cattle ahead in the road. Got closer and looked to be 60 or 70 head moving south with a pickup leading and two ATVs on drag. When I caught up I tried to be useful by taking center drag. The ATVs widened their trails and then flanked the herd when it crossed the highway. LEOs had highway traffic stopped. One critter tried to go west on the shoulder but I cut him back. Yep, I'm a real cowpoke haha.

Last edited:
I was roaming Graham County looking for a spot that might hold a rare bird. I turned south a few miles north of the highway and kept rolling along with one eye on the walk-in atlas. Then saw cattle ahead in the road. Got closer and looked to be 60 or 70 head moving south with a pickup leading and two ATVs on drag. When I caught up I tried to be useful by taking center drag. The ATVs widened their trails and then flanked the herd when it crossed the highway. LEOs had highway traffic stopped. One critter tried to go west on the shoulder but I cut him back. Yep, I'm a real cowpoke haha.
Yeehaw

When I hunted far NW ND we got to run cattle from their summer range back to their home place two different years with one of the ranchers where we hunted. Did it mid-day ... fun way to take a break from walking. Dogs were a bit confused though.

I would love to hunt far NW ND sometime. Years ago had a great hunt in far SW ND, out of Scranton. Beaucoup birds, all wild.

Stand at the southern ND border and watch all the release birds in ND migrate to SD. Starts in early October and by opener the migration is over.
YeeHaa :) Ain't this country great.

Back