CamelBak Strap Vest

cockerfan

Anyone have any experience with these things? I just found out from my parents that my Christmas gift is coming from there. My first thought was to look at dog items, but since the vast majority of my spending money has gone toward my dogs for quite a while, I thought maybe I'd look at something for myself.
Here's the link:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Mens-Hunting-Clothing/Mens-Upland-Hunting-Clothing/Mens-Upland-Vests-Game-Bags%7C/pc/104797080/c/104748480/sc/104665680/i/104058180/CamelBak174-Strap-Vest/1152363.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/clothing-mens-hunting-clothing-mens-upland-hunting-clothing-mens-upland-vests-game-bags/_/N-1101011/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104058180
Seems like it might be a decent pack and it gets good reviews on Cabelas. I'm thinking that for long days of hunting it might be just the ticket. Any input?

I decided to take it off of the wish-list due to the apparent lack of pockets. I like the all the water, but I think I carry too much other junk to make that vest work.

I actually have started considering using a "messenger bag" instead of taking something along with all kinds of storage. I watched a training DVD from the UK, and the guy in the video used a messenger bag during his training sessions to store dummies, leads, etc. I purchased one of those bags, and it's awesome for training. I can tuck away a dummy right after the retrieve so it's totally out of sight of my dogs, which helps calm them down right away. I'm thinking it might also be useful for hunting...haven't decided yet. My family still doesn't know about it either, but I'm sure it will garner "man purse" comments. Maybe I'll just keep it tucked away until after I leave their house from my Christmas visit...

Back